North American Turnkey Provider of Engineered Fall Protection and Custom Steel Fabrication
ManSafe for Ladders
ManSafe for Ladder systems is a cable-based fall arrest system that provides outstanding personal safety for individuals working on any type of fixed ladder. In the event of a fall, a worker attached to a ManSafe for Ladders system is far less likely to be injured during the fall arrest process compared to a fall from a traditional hoop system. Whereas hoop systems prevent a worker falling backwards off a ladder, the hoops themselves present a significant threat if the worker should fall down a ladder. System testing must be conducted annually by a suitably qualified installer to ensure that system certification is maintained. Contact Safeguard Industries for information.
Key Features & Benefits
- LadderLatch unit can be attached or detached at any point in the system, and rotates freely through intermediate cable guides to give users continuous hands-free protection.
- In the event of a fall, the LadderLatch unit locks onto the cable and arrests the fall.
- Intermediate cable guides should be positioned at maximum 4 metre spacings up to a height of 55 metres, and every 2–3 metres above 55 metres.
- Supports up to four users on a single line.
- Suitable for retrofitting or as part of a new build.
- Unobtrusive and lightweight.
- Suitable for use in virtually all environments.
- Operation is not affected by snow, ice or other adverse weather conditions.
- Can be integrated into a comprehensive system incorporating vertical, inclined and horizontal sections.
- Can be installed to follow the contours of a structure.
- Comprehensive range of specialist components enables installation on a wide variety of towers. Contact Safeguard for details.
Specifications & Standards:
- Meets all appropriate international standards