ManSafe Overhead Systems
Workers attached to the ManSafe system have maximum accessibility and hands-free mobility to safely go about their duties. ManSafe overhead systems are ideal for industrial environments and in applications such as warehouses and loading bays. With a ManSafe overhead system the Constant Force technology is housed in an in-line energy absorber. In the event of a fall by a worker connected to the system, the Latchways Transfastener instantly locks on the cable to arrest the fall while the Constant Force energy absorber controls the load on the system.
Key Features & Benefits:
- Single and Multi-span Systems
- Load is limited to a maximum of 18 kN in the event of a fall.
- The load remains limited to a maximum of 18 kN whether one, two or three workers fall.
- The Constant Force energy absorber will only deploy when a load of 18 kN is experienced.
- The Constant Force energy absorber has a safety factor of 2: working deployment of 18 kN, design deployment of 36 kN.
- ManSafe system cable is manufactured from 1 x 19 stainless steel. It does not stretch and has a breaking strain of over 45 kN.
- The system cable can be tensioned to 5 kN to eliminate sag and any whiplash effect if a worker falls.
- The use of Constant Force technology allows for single spans of up to 60 m. Thereby reducing the number of costly ‘T’ bars and anchoring points within the system.
- Constant Force systems are quicker, easier and less costly to install than ‘I’ beam systems.
- ManSafe systems can easily accommodate changes of direction.
Specifications & Standards:
- ManSafe products are tested externally by notified independent test bodies.
- All systems are CE marked and meet OSHA and ANSI standards.
North American Turnkey Provider of Engineered Fall Protection and Custom Steel Fabrication